The Republican Center for Research and Practice in Otolaryngology provides high-quality services in the field of otolaryngology, psychoneurology and corrective pedagogy. The specialists of the center perform of types of examinations of hearing, nasal breathing, voice and speech.
They develop and implement new approaches and techniques of medical rehabilitation, surgery and treatment of ENT diseases.
The following services are offered to the patients:
- consultations with higher qualification medical specialists, scientists and researches of the center;
- instrumental examinations;
- hearing, logopedic and phonopedic examinations;
- laboratory tests;
- hyperbaric oxygen therapy;
The specialists of the center carry out high-tech ENT surgeries:
- middle and inner ear microsurgery: cochlear implantation, implantation of bone-anchored hearing aids (BAHA system), implantation of Vibrant system in the middle ear, all types of tympanometry, including reconstruction of the sound conduction mechanism of the middle ear with the help of total, partial or angular titanium prosthesis;
- endoscopic nasal and sinus surgery;
- reconstructive surgery on larynx and trachea with recovery of respiratory function and phonation;
- endoscopic pharyngeal surgery (adenoidectomy, tonsilotomy, tonsillectomy);
- plastic surgery: rhinoplasty, otoplasty, including reconstruction of the pinna with the help of silicon prosthesis, uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (surgery for snoring).
The center has the advanced medical equipment: microdebrider (shaver) systems, micromotor systems, surgical microscopes with automatic picture transmission, video endoscopy systems with kits of tools, surgical Nd-jag laser, radio-frequency surgery, anesthesia equipment, microscopes, tympanometers, audiometers, rhinomanometers, endoscopes, analyzers and sterilization equipment.
- Inpatient Department (136 beds)
- Consultation Clinic (250 visits per shift)
|visit the Day Patient Department||are admitted to the inpatient departments, 80% of them undergo surgery||are performed||are made in the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care|
|are provided inpatient medical care||visit speech-language therapists|
30% of all surgeries are hi-tech surgeries. Each year the number of microsurgeries on the middle and inner ear, including cochlear implantation, increases. Over 500 patients with the disorders of hearing have cochlear implants. About 100 surgeries for the removal of laryngeal and tracheal obstructions are performed.
Bed turnover rates improve:
- the average duration of stay is:
- 9.0 days in the departments of otolaryngology;
- 25.2 days in the Department of Psychoneurology;
- bed occupancy is 343 days;
- bed turnover interval is 31.0.
The plan completion rate is 103-105%.
Annual performance indicators of the Consultation Clinic:
- up to 75 000 visits of patients;
- 38 000 audiological examinations;
- 8 000 X-ray examination;
- 2 300 sessions of hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
The capacity of the day patient department is 16 beds. The specialists of the department work in two shifts. Every year over 1 500 patients undergo treatment there. The department focuses on audiology, phoneatrics and surgery. The total annual number of surgeries performed by the specialists of the department amounts to 1 000.
Annually, 65-70 teenagers are effectively treated for stuttering in the day department of phsychoneurology.
The center is the clinical trial site of the Department of Otolaryngology of Belarusian Medical Academy of Post Graduate Education,
Department of ENT diseases of Belarusian State Medical University, Department of Speech-Language Pathology of M. Tank Belarusian State Pedagogical University
The team of the center consists of highly qualified medical specialists.