Department of Otolaryngology for Children
Chief of the Department
Phone: +375 (17) 200 18 93
The specialists of the department provide medical care to the patients with ENT pathologies (pathologies of the ear, larynx, trachea, nose and paranasal sinuses). They use the latest methods of diagnosis and treatment.
Main types of surgeries:
- middle and internal ear microsurgery;
- open and closed sanitation surgery, hearing improvement tympanoplasty, including placement middle ear implants;
- Cochlear implantation;
- placement of middle ear implants;
- implantation of bone-anchored hearing aids;
- bypass surgery of the tympanic cavities;
- pharyngeal surgery: endoscopic adenoidtomy, tonsillotomy, tonsillectomy;
- nasal and paranasal sinus surgery: septoplasty, endoscopic turbinectomy, minimally invasive functional surgeries for paranasal sinuses;
- laryngeal microsurgery: endolaryngeal removal of papillomas, etc.
- removal of laryngeal and tracheal obstruction;
- plastic surgery: otoplasty, rhinoplasty, placement of bone-anchored silicon ear implants.
Scientific and Research Activities:
- pathogenetic approach to the prevention of cholesteatoma of the middle ear in children;
- treatment of laryngeal and tracheal papillomatosis in children;
- prevention of bleeding during laryngeal surgeries;
- improvement of surgical stage of Cochlear implantation.
Implementation of new methods of diagnosis and treatment:
- Method of audiologic rehabilitation of the children with conductive hearing impairment and congenital defects of the external and middle ear using the bone-anchored hearing aids (BAHA system).
- Method of treatment of II and III degree sensorineural hearing loss in children using Vibrant middle ear implant systems.
- Surgery method: bone implantation, where an active electrode is delivered through the round window.
- Methods of placement of middle ear implants, middle ear microsurgery, endoscopic rhinosurgery.
- Placement of titanium pillars of ear implants in case of congenital or acquired deformation and congenital abnormalities.
- Middle ear implantation (Vibrant).
- Implantation of the electric acoustic stimulation system.